The Response Innovation Lab is looking for technical experts willing to volunteer their time (6-12 hours per assignment) to support our Matchmaker approach through reviewing a challenge that links to your technical expertise, providing options for possible solutions to the challenge, and supporting the development of a complete solutions pack for the organisation seeking RIL’s help.
Lending your insights to RIL will allow you to interact with peers from around the world working to solve actual problems impacting humanitarian responses, share the innovations, approaches, tools and tech you have found most useful or promising with others, and learning about other solutions being tested or scaled elsewhere.
In order to provide our clients (to whom this service is provided gratis) with the most qualified expertise available, we ask that our volunteers meet the following criteria:
- Technical expert in given sector (ie WASH, Food Security and Livelihood, Education, Health, Nutrition, Humanitarian Accountability and Safeguarding, Logistics, Displacement/Migration, ICT4D or other)
- Familiarity and experience in the humanitarian, development or emergency sectors
- Ability to write concise, credible and analytical documentation
- Highly creative, highly collaborative, analytical and proven results-focus
- Passionate about improving the humanitarian sector operations
- Engaged with a global network of experts and knowledgeable about past and current innovations
If this sounds like you, please enroll to become a RIL Volunteer Technical Expert through this form.
For more information, please read this document: Mobilizing Technical Experts – TOR.